Saturday, July 6, 2013

Introducing me...

Hi

My name's Katherine and i have created this blog as part of my EDEM630 course through The University of Canterbury. I am working on completing my Graduate Diploma in E-learning and digital technologies. I decided to do this diploma as i feel that technology is an invaluable part of our teaching and it is important that we learn how to use the different tools in the most effective ways.

I graduated from Victoria University in 2008 and spent 6 months teaching a NE class, I then taught a YR 5/6 class for a year before going onto relieve due to family reasons. I have decided to return to full-time teaching this year and have just got a job working in a YR 3 class. I am looking forward to using the different tools and ideas that i get during this course with my class, my first job will be to set up a classroom blog.

I have set up and used blogs before so i didn't find this task too difficult, I did find being able to refer back to the guidelines helpful to make my blog more personal. I like using blogger as it enables me to have more than one blog at a time and to access them from the same dashboard. If you are wanting to create your own blog i suggest you take a look at https://support.google.com/blogger/answer/1623800?hl=en for an easy guide. I'm looking forward to seeing what i will learn during this course and to use this blog to share my learning with others.

Katherine

File:Higher learning.png

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katherine,

    Greetings from Mosgiel! I can see that you're off to a great start and have used blogs before. Thanks for sharing plus recommendation on an easy guide to get started with blogger.

    Be keen to hear your thoughts on how you plan to integrate what you are learning with this course in the classroom. Perhaps this can be the focus of your research topic for the course?

    ReplyDelete