Sunday, July 21, 2013

Research topic



As I am about to start teaching in a year 3 classroom this research project provides the perfect opportunity for me to investigate the use of class blogs. Here is what i have come up with for my research project...
Research topic and specific digital technology:
Establishing and using a class blog as an effective means of communication and sharing of learning.
Why?
I am about to start working at a school that has several class blogs, however the class i am going into doesn't have one. I want to establish a blog that encourages family and whanau to share in their child's learning and also provides an effective means of communication between home and school.
Who?
There are lots of examples of class blogs around and there seems to be quite a lot of research done around using class blogs. I want my blog to be very much student-led so will need to look into research around that.
What are the major questions?
What do I need to consider before establishing a class blog?
What does the research show about having student-led blogs?
What do the students need to participate and contribute to the blog?
Where/When?
I think that blogs are becoming more and more part of our lives so it is important to provide students with the appropriate tools and knowledge to use them effectively.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Katherine

    Another option is to use Twitter for blogging. I use Twitter at my current school and at the school that I just left. One advantage is the it's so easy to post a Tweet, and (this could be a disadvantage too), posts are only 140 characters long. You can check out the Twitter blogs at my school by visiting www.saintmarys.school.nz and look under the classes link.

    Cheers

    Tim

    ReplyDelete